The Empty Script

You have become a distant fog that weights less than a cloud.
I see your face only through the haze of distance and can barely make out your features as my memory fills in the gaps.

Your presence has been replaced by feelings, feelings about the long gone and forgotten, feelings that are made of delusions and false hopes.

Your closeness is merely a song that I stumble upon on the radio while driving. The random lyrics seem to perfectly fit in like long lost puzzle pieces and for a second I believe that you are indeed closer.

Your absence gets wrapped up in endless possibilities of scenarios that no mater how realistic, never occur. The endless dialogues are always one-sided and unanswered. My thoughts hopelessly fill in the empty spots, fill out the blank lines of the script and I trick myself into learning the script by heart until I forget that I wrote it myself.