Meet me on the other side of the flight...

Meet me on the other side of the flight. I will purchase the ticket and eagerly send you the day and the time of my flight. I will pack my suitcase with the sweet memories and the forgotten ones, the unspoken words and the misspoken ones, with the light days and heavier nights, with the laughter we shared and the tears you wiped.

Meet me on the other side of the flight. I will carefully choose my outfit, iron my shirt, pick the good looking shoes over the comfortable ones only to wake up on the day of the flight and change the whole look. I will overthink which earrings to wear and what color lipstick to wear for you to wipe off.

Meet me on the other side of the flight so that I can wait impatiently for the day to come. I will wake up earlier than my alarm and be too excited to have breakfast. I will leave the half empty mug with tea in the sink, three spoons of sugar and a slice of lemon. I will leave my apartment too early only to sit on the stairs to wait for the cab.

Meet me on the other side of the flight. I will take my seat in the plane, window seat as always. I will try to catch the sunshine as it reflects in the ocean below. I will admire the clouds from above and watch the dark veil of the night cover their light emptiness.

Meet me on the other side of the flight. Give me the joy of that moment when my heart starts beating faster as the plane is about to land. I will sit in my seat waiting for the crowd to leave while inside my heart will be racing and jumping uncontrollably. As I leave the plane and march along with the crowd I will forget my suitcase and lave everything behind... the memories, the words, the days and the nights, our laughs and my tears...

Meet me on the other side of the flight. I will fly for hours, for days just for that moment of meeting you... on the other side of the flight. As you notice me in the crowd that is walking towards the exit and as I notice you in the crowd of those waiting, the time will freeze for a moment or two or for eternity. And I will run like there is no tomorrow and you will catch me like there was no yesterday. And as we great each other on the other side of the flight the world will stop existing for a moment... or two... or for eternity

Meet me on the other side of the flight...