I used to hate Umbrellas...

I love Rain... and i hate Umbrellas...


I've always hated umbrellas.  I don't like people walking with umbrellas in the streets. It feels like they are trying to hide themselves, to stay away from everything. Umbrellas are like cages and people with umbrellas look like those poor birds that have lost their freedom.


I've always hated umbrellas, but this year... The rains this year seemed lonely and sad. Each drop of rain running down  my window made me think of you. All those memories would keep going through my mind. Being away from you was hard, but the rain made it even harder. And one day i realized that I went out of the house holding an umbrella in my hand. I was walking down the streets hiding from people, from the trees, from myself. I felt like i'm invisible, away from everyone and everything.


But was that what i really wanted? No, i wanted to be next  to you, no matter the weather i knew that i love you. And i'm sure that it was your Love that made me smile again, that made me forget about the umbrella.... And i was running under the rain again, feeling happy and so close to you.


Maybe I don't hate umbrellas anymore, but i will never hold an umbrella , unless you're here with me...








                                                                                                                             © LiLit Ghazaryan