Desire and Obligation

When "I want to" and "I need to" meet each other and start to fight again...

"I want to" is what comes inside you, from the corners of your soul, which tries to control you. Your "I need to" is the society, the way you've been brought up, the norms you used to follow all your life, never thinking that those norms might be wrong. You were just following the ideas that did not belong to you, all the while hiding your "I want to" in a small cage, in the furthest corners of your thoughts. But the desire gets stronger one day and keeps reminding you about its existence. Two different sides, two fairs and only one choice. Not an easy decision to make. All you want to do is to follow the voice of your soul, but your fear of the "society" keeps whispering what you really should do and the "I need to" comes back to you again.
-Don't cross the line
-What line?
Didn't you create all those lines yourself? Then just move them a little further, as long as you don't cross the line it doesn't matter how far the line really is. When you yourself follow the "I want to" but show everyone what they want to see, then people will think that you're doing whatever you should, following your "I need to". Isn't everything just great now?
                                                                                                                       © LiLit Ghazaryan