Closing the Door of the Past...

Before starting a new chapter in your life you should deal with the previous one. If it didn't have an end, if the past didn't come to a conclusion itself, then it's time to realize that you are the writer of your own script, of your own life. You should deal with your past, otherwise it will keep reminding about itself, messing up with your present, closing all the doors to your future.
It's time to go, it's time to leave, to be strong enough to move on. I'll go and will close the door of my past and then throw away the key, because today I will promise to myself to never go back to the memories that were hidden inside me for so long.
When memories from the past keep visiting you, when all the old stories keep repeating themselves in your head, you feel like you're lost in a big labyrinth which doesn't have an end or any exit. All those sounds, old dreams, people, who don't matter anymore... I will leave them all behind the old door. Don't try to stop me, I'm not loosing anything valuable, I'm just going forward, reaching more then just old scenarios playing over and over again. The memories that are truly important will find their ways anyway, because they are closer to my heart then they seem to be. The memories that I care about, will never be lost, will never leave me, because they are not behind that door, they are right here in my heart.
It's hard, but I know it's the right thing to do. No, I won't cry, I will just look at them all for the very last time, I will smile softly, because after all those memories once were a part of my life. I will gently close the door, the door that will separate me from them forever. I will leave all those memories behind, lock the door with the old key that I never dared to use before, and I will throw it away, hoping that someone else will use it wisely after finding it.
Today I will start creating a new past, a past that will be the beginning of my present, a past that will be the leading hallway to my future...
                                                                                                                             © LiLit Ghazaryan