Autumn without You

What can be more beautiful then the colourful autumn leaves slowly dancing with the wind in the air... I always loved autumn, it has some hidden meaning in itself, a secret that wants to be discovered. It keeps love even inside the coldest rainy days. That's when the loneliness is a pleasure of being with yourself. That's when you're in love, in love not with someone, but with something and that something is called Autumn. That love is always warm, always comforting, but also very short. The autumn love comes quickly, settles down inside your heart, making your eyes shine from happiness.
The autumn wind knows all the songs of your soul and it softly sings them, gently whispering in your ear. Autumn is just like love, it starts slowly, very softly, changing the usual stains into warm and brighter colours. Then by the time you get used to it, it gets protestant, colder, but still beautiful. Eventually, like love, the autumn becomes a part of you, and you still love it, whether it rains or gets cold. The autumn makes you love the season, love each little piece of its weather and that's how it prepares you to welcome the cold winter. By the time the winter comes, you're so in love with the autumn that you don't even notice the cold weather outside, the trees without any leaves, the empty streets, the white snow. You notice only the warm autumn that stays in your heart...
I was also in love with Autumn, i was in love with all my heart and my soul, for many years until you came... And now it's here again, the beautiful season bu it's not as ravishing as it used to be. I see the colourful leaves
again, admire their loveliness, but they don't talk to me anymore. 
The wind plays with my hair and I do my best to hear his old songs again, but the only thing I hear
 is the sound of the leaves dancing in the wind. The Autumn is different without you, it looses all the
 colours, forgets the old melodies and becomes as usual as all the other seasons. The things I 
could see before vanished for all of a sudden, the beauty lost its meaning, the autumn lost the 
love... and all this because this year the autumn came without you. Just give me back the 
autumn love I used to have.
There was a time that I was in love with the Autumn, but not anymore.
 No matter how many marvelous  autumns come and go, the most glorious autumn 
will be the one that comes with you... 

                                                                                                                             © LiLit Ghazaryan